SwyxIt! 6.x on Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server 4.x (kb3529)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxIt! v6.02
- SwyxIt! v6.01
- SwyxIt! v6.00
- Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server 4.x
INFO: SwyxIt! 6.x on Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server 4.x
Citrix Configuration for SwyxIt! Version 6.0 or higher
- SwyxIt! Version 6.0 or higher installed on the server computer
- Windows 2000 Server (no TAPI in seamless mode)
- Windows 2003 Server SP1 (SP2 recommended) (TAPI in seamless mode)
- Citrix 4 Presentation Server / Citrix 4.5 Presentation Server
Swyx Installation and Configuration
Install SwyxIt! on the server computer running Citrix Presentation Server. You can install optional components such as TAPI as well. Please note that TAPI runs in seamless mode only under Windows Server 2003, SP1 or higher SP. If you want to use TAPI under Windows 2000 Server, you need to run SwyxIt! and the TAPI application on a shared desktop.
If SwyxIt! is installed on a Windows 2000 Server, you need to configure the permissions of the ClientLineManager via DCOMCONFIG. To do this, click on Start -> Run and enter "dcomcnfg.exe". In the list of applications choose CLMgr and click on "Properties“.
Under "Identity", select the option "The launching user".
Confirm all dialogs with OK.
You can share SwyxIt! as application in seamless mode. To do this, proceed as with any other shared application. Please note:
- Select SwyxIt!.exe in the installation directory as application to be shared, usually "C:\Programme\SwyxIt!\SwyxIt!.exe".
- The application should be limited to one instance per user
- Anonymous connections must not be permitted. Configure in any case the users or groups that are allowed to use SwyxIt!.
Citrix allows the use of microphones at the client computer. However, due to the bad voice quality, it is not recommended to use this function, although it is supported by SwyxIt!.
Citrix Version 4.5 introduced application streaming, this feature is not supported by SwyxIt!. However, you can share SwyxIt! as application, as normal.
Configuration of the Virtual IP Addresses at the Citrix Server
For the operation of SwyxIt! on Citrix 4 Server or Citrix 4.5 Server you need to configure virtual IP addresses for the Citrix farm. For each SwyxIt! instance, a virtual IP address needs to be available. If you want to use e.g. 30 SwyxIt! clients at the same time, you need 30 IP addresses.
Configuration of the Virtual IP Processes on the Citrix Server
In addition to the IP configuration you need to specify the process, for which the configuration is valid. For SwyxIt! you need to enter clmgr.exe. Each new instance of the ClientLineManager (clmgr) gets an individual IP address, which SwyxIt! uses to log on to SwyxServer.